Fun… According to this, these are my 2006 predictions:
Last year I made several predictions that now seem ridiculously round.
But a few ideas were pretty close. I’ve got a feeling that 2006 will be
a big year, and here are some of the reasons why:
- A Mt View startup is going to open our eyes to some new ways that
XUL can influence culture. Make will pick up on this and run several
cover stories on the founders.
- martin fowler will be in the spotlight for his decision to
support xml. This will upset Riding Rails, and the blogosphere will
react funkily. The noise will quiet before the end of the year and it
will all be forgotten soon after the shock.
- ebay will see their stock skyrocket after their online
auction business starts taking off. We’ve seen it coming for a while
now, but 2006 will be the year it really kicks into gear.
- Either google or yahoo will seek to expand their paid online
advertising business by acquiring 37signals. FM Media will be
overlooked in the process, and they will see a management shakeout
later in the year.
- One of the big leaders in the pencil manufacturing industry
will wake up to the opportunity in the Internet and the Web 2.0 trends.
After months of speculation, they will make a key acquisition that will
shake up the landscape for years to come.